Monday, November 10, 2008

Proud of President Bush

I called the White House comment line today.

I do not agree with everything President Bush has done, and I know many people have very negative feelings towards him, but even though I may not agree with him 100% of the time, I am proud of his service to our Country.

I wanted to thank the President for his leadership, for doing what is right even when it wasn’t popular, having convictions, and treating Sen. Obama with respect.

He has exhibited dignity as he treats the office with honor during this transition phase. (By most accounts he appears to be treating Obama better than Clinton treated Bush).

I believe he has shown kindness even though little kindness has been shown to him.

I appreciate him and I am proud of his service

His remarks last Thursday to his staff were inspiring and commendable.

1 comment:

David and Sarah Carrel said...

wow, that was a really good speech. I agree that the American people have not given him the respect that he deserves. I believe that he would have been more successful as a President if the congress would not have stopped many of his ideas. The online class I am listening to is Advanced Worldview Analysis and the professor talks about how George W. Bush has a good understanding of how government should be run.
(Jeremiah, this class is teaching me a bunch about politics, you would be impressed, by the class that is).