Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama election = Stock Market Confidence?

I know we are in a dire financial situation. I know the economic crisis is not Barack Obama’s fault, and (although I have seen video footage from years ago of Republicans sounding the alarm about the potential credit crisis while Democrats claimed everything was “sound”) I know both parties share the blame for the problems we face.

With that in mind, I believe it is accurate and fair to make the following observation: The election of Barack Obama has not immediately helped our stock market:

Wall Street Suffers Second Straight Day of Big Losses; Dow Down 443 Points

Don’t flip out on me. I know there are a lot of factors involved, and I’m not saying Barack Obama is to blame for the Down dropping. I just think it’s ironic that so many Americans believe Barack Obama will do such a good job handling the economy, but stocks dropped drastically both days after his election and his election doesn’t seem to have given investors very much confidence.

But then again, if he had lost the election, maybe the Dow would have dropped 800 points each day instead of “only” 400.

1 comment:

David and Sarah Carrel said...

I was wondering the same thing. It seemed like he has been the answer, but when people finally realized their dream had come true, they had to face reality.